Search This Blog

Saturday, December 6, 2014

New laundry room attic vent installed for Speed Queen Washer Dryer plus future cooktop

Vents in attic for laundry room dryer and kitchen stove top

PHOTO: Two new stainless steel vents are shown installed in the attic, one vent pipe (right) is from my laundry room for my new a new Speed Queen Washer and Dryer and the other vent pipe (left) was installed in preparation for a new downdraft cooktop I plan to buy as a replacement for my existing 20 years old Jenn-Air electric cooktop and down draft vent, which currently vents down and then back behind the kitchen wall before being routed up and over the laundry room to an outside porch built with a cathedral ceiling roof and open cedar rafters extending three feet above the laundry room wall and some existing holes cut for attic venting because the building code inspector would not allow the stovetop vent to exit underneath the floor and so close to the laundry room window as the installer planned to do. I'm glad the inspector insisted on the change, because it places the vent out of the way and it is protected from rain and the weather instead of having a hole cut into the concrete porch as my builder wanted to do. (See previous post Wheelchair accessible Speed Queen Washer Dryer replaces old Maytag stacker (7/7/14))

Speed Queen Washer Dryer and laundry room vent to attic installed 2014

PHOTO: My laundry room in 2014 after installing the new dryer vent (above and left) for my new Speed Queen - Speed Queen Model AFN51F Stainless Steel washer and Speed Queen Model ADE41F Stainless Steel electric dryer, which had to be custom ordered because they normally stock only the gas model that is demand most everywhere except places like where I live that have low cost hydroelectric power generators and a history of being all electric. (See previous post Wheelchair accessible Speed Queen Washer Dryer replaces old Maytag stacker (7/7/14))

Laundry room shelf above front load Speed Queen washer dryer

PHOTO: UPDATE 12/27/14: I added a laundry room shelf, with a clothes hanger rod, above my new Speed Queen front load washer dryer pair that is next to a laundry tub. See previous posts Wheelchair accessible Speed Queen Washer Dryer replaces old Maytag stacker (7/7/14) and New laundry room attic vent installed for Speed Queen Washer Dryer plus future cooktop (12/6/14).

I recently wrote about having to replace my 20 years old dishwasher (see previous post Dishwasher projects time remaining on kitchen floor tiles (10/2/14)) and my nearly thirty years old washing machine (see previous post Wheelchair accessible Speed Queen Washer Dryer replaces old Maytag stacker (7/7/14)).

It seems like everything in my house is going obsolete and needs to be repaired or replaced. For example, my kitchen chairs are breaking up and unrepairable, therefore I just bought a couple of designer Eames Aluminum Management Chairs designed by Charles and Ray Eames for Herman Miller, in Vicenza Leather with chrome legs (17171), which I hope to blog about after they arrive as promised next week. I already own a matching 4-foot diameter Herman Miller office kitchen table that goes with these chairs, which I noticed have recently become popular with many set designers for anchor chairs on national TV shows. I have admired this chair's design for decades, but I have never been able to afford buying them until now. I've had bad luck before with designer furniture and I am very leery about the quality of these chairs' construction, even though I love the quality of their design.