Search This Blog

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Beatles 'When I'm 64' song in 'Yellow Submarine' movie - Happy 64th Birthday!

The Beatle Yellow Submarine record album cover bought circa 1970s

PHOTO: Cover of The Beatles "Yellow Submarine" record album, which I bought circa the 1970s, without any copyright date printed on it -- a common practice at that time, This LP record album includes the song "when I'm 64." (See "When I'm Sixty-Four," wikipedia.org accessed Dec. 16, 2015 and some of the lyrics quoted below)

"When I get older, losing my hair, many years from now
Will you still be sending me a valentine, birthday greetings, bottle of wine?
If I'd been out 'til quarter to three, would you lock the door?
Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm sixty-four?"

(Quoted from "When I'm 64 Lyrics," metrolyrics.com accessed Dec. 16, 2015)

Happy 64th Birthday!

Beatles 'When I'm 64' stills from 'Yellow Submarine' movie showing the aging Beatles singing Sixty-four years is 33,661,440 minutes and . . . is a long time . . . including Ringo and George with long white beards (middle bottom) and side shot of the Yellow Submarine

PHOTO: selected still frames from the Beatles 1968 animated film "Yellow Submarine," including the text screen, "When I'm 64 . . . Sixty-four years is a long time, . . .," (top) shown during the singing of the related song by an aged and white bearded Ringo and George (middle top and middle bottom). I fell in love with this animated film when I first saw it in the summer of 1968 - the music is still very popular to this day across all age groups. (See "Yellow Submarine (film)," wikipedia.org accessed Dec. 16, 2015)

VIDEO: Courtesy "Yellow Submarine," thebeatles.com accessed Dec. 16, 2015